Launched in 2013 and based in Saint-Nazaire, France, Film Washi is the world’s smallest company to produce photographic materials. Specialized in handcrafted film making and industrial film conversion, Film Washi offers a wide range of unique and innovative films.
Film 'W" is the original Washi Film, hand coated emulsion on Moriki Paper's Tosa Washi (Kozo). With high sensitivity to blue, less to green and no sensitivity to red light, this film gives best results with urban, portrait and still life photography.
WARNING: Film "W" is VERY unique and fragile and has specific instructions for use. Please see Datasheet for details.
- HANDCRAFTED ORTHO FILM ON KOZO PAPER
- 4x5 - for large format cameras
- 25 ISO
- 12 Sheets
- Texture: very strong
- Contrast: very strong
- Base: Kozo paper
- Darkroom Safe: total darkness
- Loading: under safe-light
- Film "W" is a high contrast film that needs to be precisely exposed to get the best results.
- Gives best results with low contrast subjects.
- For landscape photography, the lowest sensitivity should be chosen (3 or 6 ISO) to get a wider range of green shades.
- In portrait photography, it is better to take light readings with a meter, directly on the subject; orthochromatism can trick the sensor.
- The emulsion is similar to B&W paper, it can be used for long exposure in pinhole cameras, and even as a printing paper (grade 3).
- LAB PROCESSING WARNING: Due to the special nature of Film Washi products, some film processing labs may add additional handling charges.
Please note, Richard Photo Lab does not develop this film type.